What We Do
After a combined four decades in design and brand building, and with perspectives bridging the client and creative divide, our founding principals decided it was time to create the agency they always wanted to hire.
Design B&B is a design and branding agency that believes the only strategy that matters is the execution the customer sees. That’s the distinct advantage we deliver—ideas born executed.
Branding: Our Perspective
What works in branding is actually quite simple, but getting to simple is anything but. What makes a brand easy to recognize, recall and like is surprisingly obvious design. And that’s what we do.
“We just wrapped up a wonderful meeting with [our President] and could not be more pleased about the outcome. She was delighted to hear that we were working with your team on this project. Thank you for helping us shine!”
- We use our extensive experience building global brands to work with Fortune 500 companies from CPG to technology to healthcare.
- We’re different because we fuse strategy, fueled by a deep understanding of a brand’s landscape, with high-caliber creative.
- We stress-test our brand worlds with multiple up-front executions to allow clients to see the implication of a potential strategy before aligning on it.
- We work directly with our clients to deliver a low maintenance, fuss-free, fun and boutique feel along with great agility.
“WOW! I just saw the [seasonal] designs. Completely amazing! I shouldn’t be surprised though.”
So, what is design thinking?
Simply stated, it is a creative approach to solving tough problems and identifying unexpected opportunities. It stems from how designers are trained and is both a mind set and a method.
- Accept and add
- Not limited to what has been proven
- Diversity of experiences, skills and backgrounds yields better results
- No need to accept trade-offs
- Single-day to week-long sessions with intense focus
- User-centric, highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary
- Fast-paced low-res prototyping and iteration
- Holistic solutions that are co-created and actionable
“Having all of the experts dedicated and together took a year off of our normal development process.”
- We use metaphor and analogue to push beyond expected solutions.
- We employ improv techniques to change the team’s culture.
- We are designers, so we ensure the team’s work is actionable and intuitive.
When to Use Design Thinking
- New business models
- Category expansion and invention/re-invention
- Short- and long-term innovation strategies
- Correcting brand positioning
- Getting creative resources on the same page for a holistic brand
- Developing a stronger corporate culture
“The final ideas were complete—right down to channel strategy, pricing and branding.”
What is Experience Design?
We see experience design as the translation of a brand from 2D to an immersive, sensorial and compelling physical environment. From retail to trade show, workspace to green space, pop up shop to promotional exhibit, we create engaging 360º experiences with gravitational user appeal.
“It went extremely well with Walmart! They are excited about the designs and want to move forward with an in-market test.”
- We believe in the right experience with the right interaction—your print ad is not an in-store header!
- We bring your brand story to real life in an interactive, ownable way, with the user in mind.
- We leverage our expertise in environmental and flagship retail design.
“You and your team have been flat out amazing on all the work and collaboration. Thank you all for making such an immediate and amazing impact on our brands. You all are a very exceptional group of partners.”
Experience Design Works When:
- Brand promise and personality drive emotional connection.
- Consumers are drawn in, surprised and delighted.
- Iconic brand assets are activated and elevated.
- Memorable moments of interaction are woven throughout.