We solve together.
Our team is positive, courageous, and serious about collaboration. We leave our egos at the door (they sit with the umbrellas), but bring our diverse perspectives, informed opinions, and big ideas to the table. We believe in the process and practice of design, and we work hard to make it
accessible to our clients, the end-user, and one another. Together, we are unstoppable, and ironically, anything but chicken.
We’re a welcoming group of talented creatives who specialize in branding, design strategy, packaging, and web, with an impressive list of national clients. We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our team is small but mighty, and committed to creating courageously, making design accessible, and igniting joy through our work.
As a junior designer, you’ll wear a number of hats in our collaborative and fast-paced environment. From research and innovation sessions to brand identity systems and packaging, you’ll have a hand in all aspects of the design process. You will report directly to our senior designers under the wing of the company principal, all while learning every day and creating meaningful work.
With us you will:
– Create cohesive brand identities across packaging, print, and web
– Collaborate with team members to brainstorm ideas, challenge concepts to be their best during internal critiques, and build relationships with clients
– Learn the cognitive science behind branding and how to conduct competitive audits, brand research, and design thinking sessions
– Be an integral part of DBB’s inclusive company culture, as we continue to grow as a design agency and do what we love
– Fluent in the language of design with a Bachelor’s degree and exceptional portfolio
– Familiar with the tools of the trade: Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite
– Located in or willing to move to Chicago, IL
– Interested in cognitive science and the psychology behind making brands that are easy to love, recognize, and remember
– Eager to learn new programs and methods, and develop new skills like copywriting, managing projects, and presenting to clients
– Most importantly, are you a creative and curious person who may or may not be an exact fit based on the requirements above? Still apply.
– Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k plan
– A monthly tech stipend so that you can purchase and own the programs, software, and technology that enables you to do your best work
– 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation time, and the ability to take unpaid time off
– An open concept office in Chicago’s West Loop with easy access to public transportation, local restaurants and shops, and debatably the best view of the skyline
– A flexible daily work schedule and weekly work from home days every Monday and Friday
– Yearly enrichment training experiences to find inspiration and refresh your creativity
– The opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities, our internal social justice and sustainability committees, our Good Egg Grant, and 100% donation-matching to social justice causes
Design is for everyone. So it’s important that our own team reflects the diverse groups of people who will interact with our designs. At Design B&B, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, gender and identity. Don’t hesitate to ask us about our initiatives to create equity within our workplace and the design industry.
We’d love to hear from you.
Send your portfolio and a little about yourself to Parker Sheley: firstname.lastname@example.org