We solve together.
Our team is positive, courageous, and serious about collaboration. We leave our egos at the door (they sit with the umbrellas), but bring our diverse perspectives, informed opinions, and big ideas to the table. We believe in the process and practice of design, and we work hard to make it
accessible to our clients, the end-user, and one another. Together, we are unstoppable, and ironically, anything but chicken.
We’re a welcoming group of talented creatives who specialize in branding, design strategy, packaging, and web, with an impressive list of national clients. We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our team is small but mighty, and committed to creating courageously, making design accessible, and igniting joy through our work.
As a senior designer, you’ll have a hand in all aspects of the design process from brainstorming to strategy to copywriting. You’ll also focus on mentoring designers, leading projects, and building client connections. You will report directly to our creative director.
With us you will:
– Create holistic and irresistible products, brands, and experiences
– Demonstrate a deep design thinking approach to all work
– Lead and facilitate all aspects of a project from coordinating brainstorming sessions to providing constructive feedback to executing production details
– Connect with clients, manage designers, and mentor project teams
– Conduct competitive audits, brand research, and design thinking sessions
– Build on DBB’s inclusive company culture, processes, and philosophy, as we continue to grow as a design agency and do what we love
– Skilled at executing deliverables independently and collaboratively
– Have 5+ years of experience and an exceptional portfolio
– Experienced in consumer brands with an understanding of great packaging design
– Expert with the tools of the trade (Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite)
– A strong communicator who enjoys working with clients and teams
– Self-motivated and able to frame and lead projects at a strategic level
– Located in or willing to move to Chicago, IL
– Most importantly, are you a creative and curious person who may or may not be an exact fit based on the requirements above? Still apply.
– Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k plan
– A monthly tech stipend so that you can purchase and own the programs, software, and technology that enables you to do your best work
– 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation time, and the ability to take unpaid time off
– An open concept office in Chicago’s West Loop with easy access to public transportation, local restaurants and shops, and debatably the best view of the skyline
– A flexible daily work schedule and weekly work from home days every Monday and Friday
– Yearly enrichment training experiences to find inspiration and refresh your creativity
– The opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities, our internal social justice and sustainability committees, our Good Egg Grant, and 100% donation-matching to social justice causes
Design is for everyone. So it’s important that our own team reflects the diverse groups of people who will interact with our designs. At Design B&B, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, gender and identity. Don’t hesitate to ask us about our initiatives to create equity within our workplace and the design industry.
We’d love to hear from you.
Send your portfolio and a little about yourself to Amy Brusselback: email@example.com