We solve together.
Our team is positive, courageous, and serious about collaboration. We leave our egos at the door (they sit with the umbrellas), but bring our diverse perspectives, informed opinions, and big ideas to the table. We believe in the process and practice of design, and we work hard to make it
accessible to our clients, the end-user, and one another. Together, we are unstoppable, and ironically, anything but chicken.
We’re a welcoming, diverse group of talented creatives with an impressive list of national clients in brand strategy, innovation, packaging, and web, to name a few. We believe design should be accessible to everyone, and created by those with a rich mix of backgrounds and experiences. Our team is small but mighty, hard workers with a healthy dose of humor. We’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we never settle — we like to make a habit of going above and beyond.
As a senior designer, you’ll wear a number of hats in our collaborative and fast-paced environment. From research and innovation sessions, to brand identity systems and packaging, you’ll have a hand in all aspects of the design process. You will report directly to our executive creative director and fly under the wing of the company principal, all while learning every day and creating meaningful work.
Success Look Like:
– You’ll be an integral part of DBB’s inclusive company culture, as we continue to grow as a design agency and do what we love
– You’ll get to know our process, collaborating with team members to create cohesive brand identities across packaging, print, and web
– You’ll participate in client workshops and design thinking sessions to gain insight into what makes a brand tick — and how we can make it even better
– You’ll hone your presentation skills, build relationships with clients, and give thought provoking feedback to your teammates during internal critiques
– You’ll take part in brand research, competitive analysis, and brainstorming sessions for naming and strategy
– You’ll learn (and contribute!) new skills during group trainings, and keep an eye on trends to share with the team
– You’ll never stop learning. And you’ll have fun. We promise.
– Fluent in the language of design, with a design degree and stellar portfolio to prove it
– Familiar with the tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and MS Office Suite
– A professional who’s had 3+ years of experience in the field
– Curious to get to the heart of what makes brands tick—and how we can make them even better
– Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously, while collaborating with a enthusiastic team of multi-talented designers
– Comfortable communicating your ideas and presenting work to team and clients
– Up to date on the latest trends, and know good design when you see it
– Hungry to develop new skills, learn new programs and methods, and evolve your knowledge of design
– Located in or willing to move to Chicago, IL? (This position is currently remote but post-COVID, residency in Chicago is preferred.)
Our Commitment to Inclusivity:
Design is for everyone.
So it’s important that our own team reflects the diverse groups of people who will interact with our designs. At Design B&B, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, gender and identity. We strongly encourage qualified applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity in backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and ideas. Our workplace environment is built on trust, support, and mutual respect.
Curious? So are we.
Send your portfolio and a little about yourself to Richard Westendorf: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Manager Stategist
Who we are:
Design B&B is a design and brand consultancy headquartered in Chicago (but currently we’re working just about anywhere with an internet connection.) Fundamentally, we’re about helping brands discover and elevate their strengths so that their stories are heard. We’re a 20 person team of passionate designers whose work is backed by research, cognitive science, and a focus on the end user. We do it all — brand strategy, innovation, packaging, experience design, to name a few — but most of all, we’re problem solvers, the more challenging the better.
Who we need:
As our agency continues to grow, we’ve found a need for a new position unique to Design B&B. That’s where you come in, Program Manager Strategist! Yes, indeed, we are merging two disciplines into one spectacular leader. As a brand new position to Design B&B, it is important to us to foster our hard-won close relationships with clients, stream-line our current project manager processes, and contribute to elevating our approach to strategy.
This position will manage client communications on a select number of accounts while providing strategic input and leadership; lending a hand to, and often owning, the development of decks and reports for client presentations, and synthesizing client feedback and framing next steps. Our Program Manager Strategist should be the go-to person for scheduling both internal and external meetings, coordinating with production and agency partners to receive necessary assets and resources, and maintaining client budgets. And, finally, you’ll be responsible for coming up with a better job title!
Who we want:
– A strategic thinker who can connect the dots and understand the underlying objectives and needs of a project.
– A rockstar project manager with a self-starter attitude. You’re comfortable working under a deadline and in a fast paced environment.
– Someone with 5+ years of agency experience – with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or a related field.
– An effective communicator, critical thinker, and organized worker with an obsessive attention to detail and an excellent track record of leading a range of projects
This position is currently remote. Post-COVID, residency in Chicago is preferred, but negotiable.
Curious? So are we.
Send your cover letter, resumé, and a little about yourself to Richard Westendorf: email@example.com